Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Day... Radiation Day 1





Well, today is the first day of Pop's radiation. I think I am more nervous than he is! He is so positive and brave about the whole thing. Here are a couple new photos of Pop's radiation.

Here is what Pop's had to say about his first day of radiation... (taken from his caring bridge webpage)

"Day 1 – October 31st 2007 – Sunny and 70 degrees – weight 266 lbs
Appointment time 1:30pm. Found out the purpose of the mask is only for keeping my head in a certain position while radiation is applied. I need to purchase an electric razor; do not apply any cream or other liquids to my neck 4 hours prior to radiation; the amount of radiation applied is 2.13 Grays (gy)… I need to look up the description of amount of radiation. The same amount of radiation is applied each treatment for 35 days. The Radiation Therapist said it’s like an X-ray on steroids! In the later stages it was recommended that I may not even want to shave at all because my skin will be so sensitive."

No comments: