Sunday, December 9, 2007

One Hand

5 treatments left! The end is in sight and there are many reasons to be thankful this Christmas season! Here is Pop's latest journal entry from Caring Bridge...

"Day 22, 23, 24, 25 & 26 – December 3rd – 7th – Monday through Friday. Cold for Atlanta with highs in the 50’s. Sunny and no rain"

"26 Days Completed – 5 Remaining! Getting very close! Down to counting the days on one hand! Wonderful! Asked the Dr when my taste would return. He stated there are 2 different possibilities… First case is if you are eating but the food has no taste at all. Doesn’t taste bad just no taste. In this case tasting food would return within 12 months post radiation. In my case where the food has an indescribable bad taste the Dr said my taste should come back in 1-3 months! Much better than 12 months for sure. Great news for me on eating. The radiation burn to my neck is continuing and getting a little worse but manageable. Margaret is applying a healing lotion each evening and this is helping a great deal. I must completely wash everything off in the morning shower because if I leave any lotion on during radiation I would get FRIED during my daily treatment. I actually did not think my mouth could get drier but it has. Feels like a mouth full of cotton. Always caring a water bottle and chewing gum. Fortunately at night I breath though my nose not my mouth. My next update will be when I have completed 31 days of radiation. What a marathon process this has been. I am blessed to have wonderful friends and family keeping me going. Thank you and god bless you all for your thoughts and prayers. Till next week…"

No comments: