Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Year!

From Pop's Caringbridge site...

"SUNDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2007 10:10 PM, CST"

"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2008 to you!"

"It’s amazing when the doctors say that 2 weeks post radiation the radiation will leave your body and things will begin changing for the better. The first week after radiation was the worst! The doctor said that also! Mouth was the driest and food was horrible. Milk and protein shakes were my diet. Well, as of 4 days ago the bad taste of food is all but gone. Still doesn’t taste the way it should but the bad taste is gone. I have had clam chowder soup, scramble eggs and tonight was chicken pot pie! Things are looking up. My radiation burn is just about gone and my energy is progressively getting better. Can’t wait to get back to work. Tina and Zach surprised Margaret and I by coming up to Georgia for Christmas for a couple of days. Our best gift! Then it was great to have Jerry and Kathryn visit from Fargo for Christmas. They were very happy also to get away from the frozen north! Now I am starting to focus my energy in getting back to work and plan events in 2008 to get my mind in the right direction. Thank you all for supporting me with your thoughts and prayers. We love you all. May 2008 be the best year for you and your family."

No comments: