Friday, December 14, 2007

T.G.I.O!!

Yeah! It's over! Congratulations Pops! You made it!

Here is the update from Caringbridge...

"FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2007 11:56 AM, CST"

"Day 27 through Day 31 – Monday through Friday – Summer weather arrived all week with temps in the 70’s breaking records for 3 days. No rain, fantastic weather. It’s Over, It’s Over, It’s Over!!!"

"T.G.I.O. - Thank God It’s Over!! 31 days completed today and the radiation is finally over! Taste buds shot, mouth dry as the desert and my neck is blistering from the radiation. From what the Dr says it will continue burning through next week. The radiation should be out of my system in about 2 weeks. Now the healing process begins. The radiation burn or suntan as I have referred to it should be gone in 3-4 weeks. I return to my radiation Dr in early February so he can take a look and also on the same day see my Surgeon to see how everything is healing. I will also be having an MRI to make sure everything is clear and nothing remains of the malignancy. You will also see a NEW photo of me holding my mask from radiation. Not sure what to do with the mask but would take recommendations as what I should do with it. One other radiation patient I had conversation with said he was going to take the mask out to his hunting camp and shoot it! Not a bad idea! So now the healing has or soon will start and take 2-3 weeks. My taste will or should come back in 1-3 months. This concludes part 2 of my recovery. Part 1 being surgery. I cannot express how grateful I am to receive your thoughts and prayers on Caring Bridge and also phone calls and emails. You all are so wonderful. Margaret has been a trooper through all of the radiation process and I could not have made it without my Bride! Love to all"

No comments: