Friday, November 16, 2007

Good News and Bad News...

Here is the latest update from Pop's Caring Bridge Website:

"Day 9, 10, 11 & 12 – November 12th – 15th – Monday – Thursday – Sunny all days, slight amount of rain one evening. 60 to 70 degrees."

"I would never have guessed that food could have NO taste! I mean it’s taste terrible. I also found out that anything fried is the worst. Margaret and I had fried chicken last evening and I had to spit out the skin which normally is my favorite with KFC but this was the worst. I also would not have guessed that my mouth could not get drier but it has. I carry a bottle of water with me at all times to keep my mouth moist."

"Now I have some updated NEWS! Some good news and some not so good news…"

"I initially thought I would be having 7 weeks of treatment or 35 days. Found out yesterday that I have a total of 31 days of treatment. That is 4 days less than previously thought. Wonderful!! So I have completed 12 of 31 days or 39% complete. Now the next piece of good news is that I get Thanksgiving Thursday and Friday off. A 4 day weekend without radiation. That is excellent news. OK, now for the not so good news… Initially thought I had stage III cancer. I actually have stage IVa cancer. There are 4 different levels in stage IV which are a-b-c-d and I have (a) but still stage IV. With that news I continue to fight as hard as I possibly can. Your emails, phone calls and writing on CaringBridge are wonderful and inspirational for me and I thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. Margaret and I send out love to you."

No comments: