Sunday, November 25, 2007

Lost 9 Pounds last week!

Well, Pops is officially halfway through his radiation! What a reason to celebrate. I know it has been tough on him, especially the whole eating issue. Hang in there Pops! We love you!

Here is his Caring Bridge entry:
"Day 13, 14, 15, & 16 – November 16th – 21st – Friday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday – Sunny all days, still NO RAIN!!"

"I guess you could say I am getting use to food having no taste! But unfortunately this will take some getting use to. When I saw the Radiation doctor on Monday he was not happy with my weight loss! I had lost 9 pounds in a week. He said he did not care what I ate but I needed to maintain my weight. So at present I am eating Chocolate Ensure… Tolerable at most, Chili is not too bad… Onion soup, not too bad, biscuits and gravy… and my favorite would be Wendy’s Frosty. Oh yes, 3 or so cans of Ensure. My radiation has not been too much of a problem as far as sunburn on my neck, that’s a blessing. The good News for the week is that I am now 50% through the radiation process. 3 Full weeks remaining and I will not see many new changes in my taste and dryness. The best news is Tina called today and told us that Zachary had taken his first 5 steps! The walking process has begun. My love to all of you who have written and called."

No comments: