Thursday, November 29, 2007

Light at the end of the tunnel


From Pop's Caring Bridge webpage:

"Day 17, 18 & 19 – November 26th – 28th – Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. Rain on Monday, finally, and high temps of low 60’s."

"19 Days Completed – 12 Remaining! Two weeks and 2 days remaining. I can actually see the end of the tunnel for this process. As you will see in the NEW photo my radiation is very visible now. I actually thought on Tuesday that the radiation machine had faltered and caused this very red mark on my lower neck. But when I asked the technician about the red mark they said my “suntan” was right on time. Only problem is there is slight blistering and my doctor gave me some gel to put on in the evening. Good news this week and the doctor was happy that I had only lost 1 pound! Better than the 9 pounds I lost the week prior. Eating is still a problem in finding food that does not gag me. Doctor said I must eat more solid foods as only drinking could cause my through to close! Don’t want that to happen! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were blessed to have Uncle Bob and Donna visiting from Minneapolis. Great to see them. It was also good to have 4 days off from radiation therapy. I want to thank all of you for writing and calling. It means so much to me to here your support. Thank you for your support and prayers."

No comments: